Are you a Platform Engineer who enjoys working with the latest technologies in a fast paced, challenging environment? Do you have a talent for troubleshooting problems, delivering new and innovative solutions, a desire to learn and develop yourself whilst supporting others?
We are looking for a Platform Engineer to support our flag ship Strata applications and components. You’ll build, deploy and support environments and applications. We are a fast-paced operations team, responsible for building, configuring, monitoring and supporting solutions from development through to production. Automation is key to everything we do and we're looking for individuals to help us deliver this, you will use tools such as Puppet, Vagrant, Jenkins, Kubernetes and Elastic for a start. You'll be working alongside developers to help maintain a smooth delivery pipeline, project managers to deliver innovative solutions and service management to ensure solutions meet our clients expectations.
You'll be involved in:
- Developing, enhancing and supporting our cloud solutions, ensuring our cloud solutions are robust enough to be destroyed and re-built overnight without anyone noticing.
- Developing, enhancing and supporting our on-prem and self-hosted solutions, providing seamless service.
- Supporting LIVE clients with the aim to resolve issues as promptly as possible but with an eye on making things better.
- Using Elastic you will monitor platforms to ensure we have as much information available as early as possible.
- Supporting clients out of hours with Severity 1 issues and play your part in delivering upgrades throughout the night
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
- Experience using Configuration Management Tools, ideally Puppet but exposure to Ansible, Chef or equivalents would be great
- A good understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts
- Experience working within a cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS - Terraform
- Monitoring – Ideally experience with Elastic, Grafana or Nagios
- Automation Tools - Jenkins
- Exposure to Proxy technologies such as HAProxy, Sentry Gateway or Nginx
- Experience providing enterprise level support of Java Applications and scripting using Python, Ruby or Bash
- Good communication skills and can collaborate with all areas of the business
- It is beneficial if you have exposure to Docker or other containerisation technologies
- Work with the best in the business
- UK Top Employers for the 3rd Year running
- Flexible hours
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the train station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant, Food and beverages served from morning until late afternoon
- 25 days holiday to start - Rising
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects – CDL100 – 100 days solely dedicated to community projects for employees to get involved in
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer BBQ, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car valeting, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms
Salary Banding: £23,000 - £40,000
Closing Date: 30th July 2019