Are you a Desktop Manager who has a strong technical background looking to drive the strategy forward? Are you results driven and people focussed? Does being part of a collaborative culture inspire you?
We are looking for a Desktop Manager within our Software Engineering Department to join us, you will have passion for leading a team of talented professionals and drive the overall strategy and innovation of our Desktop processes. Your role as Desktop Services Manager will include maximising the efficiency of services and supporting the Information Security, IT governance and regulatory framework. The role will encompass all services related to internal and desktop functions, including the provision of desktops and mobile devices as well as key business services such as corporate communication and productivity tools (Office365), Service Management software (ServiceNow), Finance, HR and other functions, to ensure the desktop offering is always steps ahead.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a consistent track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with. We pride ourselves on being part of a collaborative inspiring culture and the employees are the heart of our company.
Our Agile Journey
Here at CDL we do agile at scale from ‘The Codeworks’ our new purpose built software house in Stockport near Manchester. Over the last few years our transformational agile journey has seen us become one of the top tier software houses in the Northwest, we aim to be the very best. If you have a passion to uncover better ways of developing software, this opportunity offers a key role within our Development function to facilitate the accelerated evolution of our lean agile practices.
What you'll do
As a Desktop Manager, your role will be to encompass all services related to internal and desktop functions, ensuring the desktop offering is always steps ahead. Driving the strategy will be a key area of your role and you will have a strong background in in planning and delivery. We want to expand by recruiting experienced talent. Part of your role will be to lead the recruitment process and ensure there is enough resource for the company’s needs.
You’ll have a passion for quality, striving for continuous improvement and work to best practises. As a strong communicator, your focus will be building strong relationships within your teams.
- Proven track record of strong leadership style in line with the organisations values and leadership behaviours
- Experience of delivering software and software services as well as hosted services to clients across on premise and cloud environments
- Strong knowledge of cloud services, software integrations through APIs, self-healing services, infrastructure as code.
- Experience of managing large desktop and mobile estates and associated services
- Experience of large scale Office365 management
- Experience of managing ServiceNow as well as 3rd party integrations
- Experience of DevOps/DevSecOps and Product based organisation
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams in a technical services support environment
- Delivery of services within commercial service level framework
- Flexible hours
- Free parking
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Excellent training on offer both internally and externally
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression