This is an ideal opportunity for a passionate, experienced Senior Web Developer to join an established Software House, driving InsurerTech innovation to execute our plan for growth.
What you’ll do:
CDL are one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, we are a privately owned company that has experienced continuous year on year growth and we employ over 600 people at our campus in Stockport. We are a certified UK top employer by the Top Employers Institute and are constantly striving to provide our employees with the best working environment and conditions. We have a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. We have spearheaded development in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled our customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We’ve built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
What you’ll have:
- Experience of Node.js, Express.js
- Proven ability of working with RESTful API’s
- Experience of NPM scripts
- Experience of working with Git and Git repository management systems such as GitLab
- Experience with Continuous Integration practices and tooling such as Jenkins or GitLab
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Proven ability of dealing with cross-browser compatibility issues to produce websites that function equally well in any modern supported browser
- Proven ability of working with the latest releases of HTML and CSS
- Full stack development experience.
- Aware of Accessibility standards.
- Experience of ESLint for code checking.
- Experience of Babel pre processing
- Be proficient in using front-end testing tools such as Cucumber
- Experience with Cypress for end-to-end testing
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Goal oriented framework for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start - rising
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child-care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects – CDL100 – 100 days throughout the year dedicated to community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, including summer BBQ and Christmas Parties. We have a team dedicated to running internal social activities such as comedy nights, canoeing, break out rooms and much more
- Car valeting, Barber, Yoga classes, Boot camp and Massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms on-site