Web Development Team Lead
As a Front End Lead you will drive decisions around the UI for the company’s existing and upcoming projects whilst technically leading and mentoring a talented team developers. Other day to day responsibilities will include; working with the product owners and engineering team to build and roll out reusable UI components, implementing new features in array of different frameworks, ES6, React, Node, and Angular. You'll be using your Front End skills and good eye for design to build innovative solutions, designing architectures and build common libraries, whilst simultaneously establishing a high performing team, educating them, and champion, all the latest technology and trends. If you have a passion to uncover better ways of developing and designing web products, this opportunity offers a key role within our Development function to facilitate the accelerated evolution of our digital transformation. An autonomous role which demands resourcefulness, facilitation, initiative, and superb problem-solving skills. If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you
You will have experience as a Development Team Lead, or a Lead Developer, managing a team’s up to 8 people, as well as leading and coaching experience. Technology will be your forte, you'll advise & uncover new ways of building, and enhancing products, whilst staying hands on with core front end technologies. You’ll demonstrate qualities as a leader, and developer, and further possess:
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills, with a track record of developing and supporting others to achieve
- Experience of leading development and tool selection using modern web technologies and frameworks such React, Node, Angular, Vue.js, Atomic Design, and Functional Programming paradigms
- An evangelist for agile, you’ll collaborate with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Uxers
- Be an advocate of User Experience principles and how these can be used to increase accessibility, simplicity, responsiveness, and user-friendliness of a website.
- Ability to communicate effectively and negotiate effectively with internal customers and external suppliers
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a large complex environment
- Experience of TDD, continuous delivery and automated testing would be advantageous as this is an area we wish to strengthen.
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Training and development
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from local train and bus station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child care vouchers
- Start with 25 days’ holiday
- Life and Health Insurance
- Award-nominated learning programme
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression
CDL recognises that diversity brings together people with a broad range of experiences, perspectives and approaches. This supports greater innovation for our organisation and enables each of us to better understand and support our colleagues, our business partners and our customers. CDL supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.