Are you a Business Analyst who has a technical background within software development? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced challenging environment, with opportunities to grow?
We are looking for a Business Analyst who is passionate, enthusiastic and a forward thinker. In addition to working within an agile environment, there will opportunities to get involved in lunch and learn sessions and contribute to the wider analysis community of practice.
As a Business Analyst you will be a key member of an inclusive agile squad contributing to the ongoing development of our flagship product Strata, used by insurance brokers, third parties and aggregators.
Demonstrate an ability to:
- Apply appropriate business analysis tools and techniques to effectively collaborate with stakeholders on requirement elicitation, solution definition and early delivery of value to customers and the business
- Decompose high level direction into epics and user stories through story mapping and vertical slicing techniques
- Work closely with product owners and development teams to understand the technology architecture and product roadmap and advise on sequencing, prioritisation and dependency management
- Work closely with the development team and business stakeholders to analyse and prioritise defects and tech debt for inclusion in the product backlog
- Coordinate the completion of all preparatory work for future releases / epics / stories as inputs into backlog refinement and sprint planning processes
- Ensure that stories are ‘ready’ prior to commencing development
- Participate actively in story refinement meetings to ensure all parties understand what is required to deliver the story
- Be actively involved in the ongoing support of the development team throughout the software development lifecycle.
CDL has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful software solutions that deliver innovative advantage to our customers. We've custom-built our own modern, open offices set in our own landscaped campus in Stockport, employing over 600 staff, providing over 100 internet brands, such as Asda Money, Tesco Bank, Money Supermarket, Swinton, AA, and Sainsbury's Bank to name a few.
We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work together in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project that you are involved with.
- Good communication, listening, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience of working in a Business Analysis role in an agile environment
- The ability to actively share knowledge with your colleagues
- A strong understanding of data and different data modelling techniques
- Top Employer 2019 for the third year running
- Flexible hours – core hours 10am to 4pm
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Lunch and Learns
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start - rising
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child-care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects – CDL100 – 100 days throughout the year dedicated to community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, including summer BBQ and Christmas Parties. We have a team dedicated to running internal social activities such as comedy nights, canoeing, break out rooms and much more….
- Car valeting, Barber, Yoga classes, Boot camp and Massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms and hairdryers on-site