Senior Cloud Engineer
Are you looking for a new challenging role where you can work on a modern infrastructure and the latest technologies? Are you a passionate Senior Cloud Engineer with extensive experience in AWS looking to join a company where you can work on multiple projects?
We are growing our cloud services department and we are looking for a talented Senior Cloud Engineer who can work with our new products and deployments, driving the projects through to delivery. You’ll be a highly motivated Senior Cloud Engineer who’s excited about helping to build a modern infrastructure for building, deploying and monitoring high-volume software applications, along with internal tools and systems.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you should be passionate about engineering and operations, own the technical direction and keep up to date with the latest trends. Leading the team, you will act as an escalation point and help with providing coaching and mentoring to junior team members. You’ll build additional implementations in a Linux environment, assisting with the management AWS platform, ensuring smooth running of live systems. Are you up for a challenge? We would love to hear from you!
CDL has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful enterprise software solutions that deliver competitive and innovative advantage to our customers. We've custom-built our own modern, open offices set in our own landscaped campus in Stockport, employing over 600 staff, providing for over 100 internet brands (Asda, Tesco, Money Supermarket, Swinton, AA, and Sainsbury’s) to name a few.
We pride ourselves on providing a positive and rewarding environment for our people. We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
- Demonstrable experience of leveraging AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Experience coaching and mentoring a team
- Proven experience provisioning, operating and managing AWS environments
- Knowledge and experience of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Goand YAML
- Understanding of Agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Experience of using automation tools such as Terraformor Jenkins
- Exposure to DevOps tools and CI/CD pipelines
- Achieved AWS Certifications
- Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- Cloud infrastructure experience – AWS
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer barbeque, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms