Agile Test Analyst
Are you passionate about quality and testing software with an Agile mindset? Do you care about ‘building the right thing’ and ‘building the thing right’? Does being part of an innovative culture inspire you? Then we want you!
We’re looking for an Agile Test Analyst to join our ranks. With a strong collaborative focus and a drive for continuous improvement, you’ll be a key part of the Delivery Team as they work to implement features to delight our customers. You’ll be an experienced Agile advocate, with a strong testing background and a desire to iterate, innovate, and instigate quality-driven approaches and processes. You’ll know all the basic testing techniques and some of the advanced ones too! You’ll get to flex your automation skills and perhaps even teach others what you know.
This is the perfect opportunity to be a part of meaningful change to our flagship and newer products, and help drive a culture of excellence in everything we do.
What you'll do
- To be involved in the entire Software Delivery Lifecycle
- To drive an automation approach with the Test Pyramid in mind
- To prevent the creation of defects in our software
- To work proactively with the team to instil quality into our products and practices
- To embed modern testing approaches as a part of a whole-team responsibility for quality
- To communicate and collaborate effectively in an Agile environment
- An excellent understanding of the principles of Agile testing
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- A cradle-to-grave approach to ‘baking quality in’ to Software Delivery
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A proactive, positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Experience of TDD and BDD techniques
- Experience of using automation tools such as Selenium and Soap UI
- Well versed in a variety of testing techniques and approaches
- Experience of Performance and Security Testing desirable
- Insurance experience desirable
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer barbeque, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high-volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ Agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.