Career development and progression within CDL is celebrated. All our employees, wherever they work are part of the CDL team and we want to keep our talented workforce in the business. If you are looking for a different experience or want to develop your skills in other areas - or are looking to stretch what you do at the moment even more then discuss your plans with your Line Manager during your performance review or one-to-ones.
You are welcome to speak to your Line Manager or Hiring Manager about what the role requires and to find out more information about whether you are the right person for the job. Please select which internal vacancy you are interested in and apply by clicking the button below.
Reporting to the ServiceNow manager, this is a technical role in administering and configuring the ServiceNow platform. This is a strategic tool in Service Delivery and management for CDL, which is used in all areas of the business. The role involves administration down to programming (scripting) level, and understanding requirements related to business processes with a view to expanding the ServiceNow system.
You will provide general support, administration and maintenance of the ServiceNow platform and any associated applications. Liaising both internally and externally, you will deliver solutions to fulfil departmental and corporate requirements for process and service improvements.
Working alongside ServiceNow in supporting the system, you will play a key role in the application and platform upgrades, as well as using intermediate server environments, web services, email and other relevant technology to integrate tools with the ServiceNow platform.
We’re looking for someone with effective communication skills and experience in problem solving. Taking ownership of your personal development will help build your career with CDL.
- Minimum A Level standard
- Experienced user of MS Outlook, Word & Excel
- ITIL Foundations course completion is desirable
- Good communication skills – experience of communication with clients, like management and all staff at a senior level
- Experience in problem solving, developing solutions and testing
Junior Java Developer
We are looking for a Junior Java Developer to work on our flagship product, Strata. This is ideal for someone looking to progress their career in Java Development working within a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive agile environment. If you are hungry to learn then we want to hear from you!
As a Junior Java Developer, your role will involve working in a multi-disciplined agile development team (comprising a Product Owner, Developers, Analyst, and Testers), who are responsible for delivering both functional and technical product features. The team is also responsible for providing support to internal and external customers.
You’ll have a personal developer buddy within the team to provide training, mentoring and coaching as required. A clear career progression structure is in place, with progression opportunities.
Requirements for the successful Junior Java Developer:
- You’ll have either an IT/Computer Science/Software Engineering/Numerate degree, or relevant work experience in software development
- Strong desire to build a career in software development, with strong creativity and enthusiasm for technology
- Display good work ethic, with a passion for learning, constantly updating your knowledge and skills
- You will be collaborative and work effectively as a team member
- You will have good listening skills, and good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus.
- Understanding of agile frameworks
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts
- Good problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable experience of object-oriented development eg. Java
- Knowledge of version control systems eg. GIT
- Exposure to Java frameworks
- Exposure to web service technologies (SOAP, REST)
- Exposure to databases (SQL, Postgres)
Are you a Principal Developer who has proven experience developing and architecting high volume transactional applications? Do you want to be part of an inspiring collaborative culture?
You will be working within our Software Engineering department as a Principal Developer working with our cross-functional delivery squads utilising agile frameworks to deliver value to our customers. You’ll be a key enabler for the department, driving the technical and development direction and implementing the target architectural designs throughout CDL. We encourage innovation and agility and look to embrace the latest technologies to provide ever increasing business benefits to our customers in the UK and beyond.
You’ll work closely with our Software Architect to ensure our products are developed the right way, delivering high quality software to meet customer and commercial needs in accordance with defined standards, CDL’s architectural pillars, good practice and agreed deadlines, helping CDL deliver an exceptional customer experience. This will occasionally involve working outside the normal working day.
You will be an ambassador for CDL, bringing new ideas into the teams and sharing knowledge internally and externally. There is opportunity to lead research and design activities in order to identify new and alternative technology solutions into the CDL products and services to meet business requirements in line with our strategy.
What you’ll have
- The ability to communicate at a technical level suitable for the audience, presenting complex ideas and engaging with the business internally and occasionally with external customers.
- The ability to present to, and support the wider technology community, internally and externally.
- Experience of addressing technical debt with Software Development teams.
- Deep knowledge and experience of developing/ architecting high volume transactional applications
- Experience in creating CI and CD pipelines, utilising the most appropriate toolset for the particular pipeline
- Working knowledge and experience in agile approaches to software craftsmanship: Scrum essential (we use Scrum.org and its underlying values and principles), Kanban, Lean, systems thinking all a bonus.
- Ability to transfer and develop skills throughout the delivery teams, hands-on pairing with members of the team and supporting our Senior Developers in their role as mentors.
- Ability to embed good coding practices through coaching and technical leadership.
- Active interest of the development world through learning, networking and events.
- Previous experience in the Insurance industry.
- Experience working with and implementing Devops technologies and culture.
- Experience of solutions built around microservices and containerisation.
- Experience of using cloud-based technologies and solutions.