Senior Front End Developer
Are you a Senior Front End Developer who is looking to join a collaborative, forward-thinking, innovative company?
You will be working on our new flagship web product, as we investigate and build new ways to disrupt the current online insurance model for our broker partners. We’re looking for the right kind of individual to help us achieve the ambitious targets we’ve set for this product. You need to have a can do attitude and outlook that sees each challenge as an opportunity. You will provide technical leadership within a mixed role squad, so that we come up with the right solutions. Your positivity, drive and technical skills will help us build amazing products.
CDL are one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, we are a privately owned company that has experienced continuous year on year growth and we employ over 600 people at our campus in Stockport. We are a certified UK top employer by the Top Employers Institute and are constantly striving to provide our employees with the best working environment and conditions. We have a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. We have spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled our customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There's also a subsidised on campus restaurant and games room. We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with. We actively promote a healthy work life balance and offer a competitive benefits package.
- Proven ability of working with the latest releases of HTML and CSS
- Proven ability of using CSS pre-processors such as Sass or Less
- Experience of Node.js
- Proven ability of dealing with cross-browser compatibility issues to produce websites that function equally well in any modern supported browser
- Proven ability of working with RESTful api’s
- Experience of modern build tooling such as Webpack, Gulp
- Experience of NPM scripts
- Experience of working with Git and Git repository management systems such as GitLab
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Experience of ESLint for code checking.
- Experience of Babel pre processing
- Experience of Express framework
- Experience of Fractal component library
- Experience of Nunjucks HTML view engine
- Be proficient in using front-end testing tools such as Cucumber
- Full stack development experience.
- Family friendly company
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression