We are looking for a talented Senior DBA who eats, sleeps and breaths databases! If you would enjoy working as part of a collaborative, inspiring culture, then this role is for you!
As a Senior DBA in our growing Data Services team, you will have the opportunity to get involved in up and coming projects including delivering against PostgreSQL. Monitoring and supporting both test and live service environments, you will provide development, implementation and operational support for a broad range of CDL’s databases.
As a Senior DBA you will have deep technical capabilities within the SQL Server domain, ideally with exposure to Postgres (both on-prem and in the cloud). Automation is a key part of the role and you will automate processes using several technologies such as Terraform. Initially the role will be providing production and development support for SQL Server Databases with the role quickly broadening to encompass PostgreSQL.
We are looking for a highly skilled all-rounder who is as confident advising the development teams on maximising investment in database technologies as they are auditing, archiving, backing up, recovering, reviewing performance and troubleshooting issues. If you are a confident Senior DBA who is looking for a challenging role, then we would like to hear from you!
CDL has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful software solutions that deliver competitive and innovative advantage to our customers. We've custom-built our own modern, open offices set in our own landscaped campus in Stockport. We employ over 600 staff providing for over 100 internet brands (Asda, Tesco, Money Supermarket, Swinton, AA, and Sainsbury’s) to name a few.
We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We are also proud to have achieved the Top Employee 2019 for the third year in a row. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
What you will have:
- Proven experience as a Senior DBA – SQL Server and Postgres
- Good knowledge of AWS
- SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Out of hours experience
- Demonstrable experience of automating repetitive tasks – preferably using Shell Script / PowerShell, SQL, T-SQL and PL/pgSQL
- Proven experience of high availability architecture and tooling
- Demonstrable experience of working within an Agile environment
- Proven ability to adapt to the fast pace of changing technology solutions
- RDBMS accreditation
- AWS accreditation
- Elastic stack
What we will offer you:
- Top Employer 2019 - third year running
- Flexible hours – core hours 10am to 4pm
- Remote Working
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start - rising
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child-care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects – CDL100 – 100 days throughout the year dedicated to community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, including summer BBQ and Christmas Parties. We have a team dedicated to running internal social activities such as comedy nights, canoeing, break out rooms and much more….
- Car valeting, Barber, Yoga classes, Boot camp and Massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms on-site