Do you enjoy working collaboratively, championing agile/scrum best practise focusing on continuous integration and delivery, whilst facilitating problem solving? We are looking for a Java Developer who enjoys working within a Microservices architecture and within a community of practice.
What you’ll do:
You will work in a scaled agile environment to develop insurance solutions to brokers, third parties as well as direct to the public. Broadly, the role is to implement user stories into fantastic features, using your code craftsmanship skills. Helping you develop your craft and pass on this skill is equally important to us. You will work collaboratively, championing agile/scrum best practise focusing on continuous integration, delivery, whilst facilitating problem solving. It’s pretty fast paced here, we release software every 6 weeks, following an iteration of two, three weekly sprints. Automation is key part of what we do at CDL, you will use SOAP UI, Selenium to regroup and refactor, allowing quick changes to code, reducing duplication and improving maintainability.
You will promote development best practise, and work autonomously in a squad, driving product growth. We’re facing exciting growth at CDL, and continuous improvement is at heart of what we do. This is an exciting opportunity for a middleweight, or an experienced developer to join a rapidly growing organisation, investing significantly in its employees, and best engineering practises. We’re looking for enthusiastic, and passionate developers with an attitude to learn, collaborate, aspire, continuously improve, and thoroughly enjoy what they do. If this sounds like you, and you’re up for the challenge, then we would love to talk technologies with you.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high-volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Co-Op, Sainsbury’s Bank, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. Our clients range from direct insurers, brokers, financial institutes, retailers and aggregators. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
- Java 7/8 Object Orientated Programming
- Agile methodologies, TDD, Pair Programming, Mob programming
- Spring, Spring Boot
- Experience of practising Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Web Application Development
- An automation mindset, preferably with experience using Selenium and SoapUI
- Oracle, WebLogic,
- Eclipse, Jenkins,
- Build tool and technologies like Gradle, Gradle would be beneficial.
- Microservices & serverless architecture, using AWS Lambda
- Container architecture, using Docker.
- DevOps – Experience working within CI/CD pipelines
- Machine Learning
- The list goes on but what we are really looking for are smart people that can make a difference in delivering value to our ever-expanding client base.
Salary Banding: £23,500 - £40,000
Closing Date: 1st August 2019
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours – core hours 10am to 4pm
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start - rising
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child-care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects – CDL100 – 100 days throughout the year dedicated to community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, including summer BBQ and Christmas Parties. We have a team dedicated to running internal social activities such as comedy nights, canoeing, break out rooms and much more….
- Car valeting, Barber, Yoga classes, Boot camp and Massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms on-site