Are you a Linux Engineer who is looking to be part of an inspiring collaborative culture? We are looking for a Linux Engineer who has a thirst for learning new technologies.
CDL has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful software solutions that deliver competitive and innovative advantage to our customers. We've custom-built our own modern, open offices set in their own landscaped campus in Stockport, employing over 600 staff, providing for over 100 internet brands (Asda, Tesco, Money Supermarket, Swinton, AA, and Sainsbury’s) to name a few.
We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We are also proud to have achieved the Top Employee 2019. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
What you will do
The Server Team are responsible for hosting, service management, building live services on premise & AWS, providing services to insurance, financial services & supporting 2500+ servers. As a Linux Engineer, you will help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical services and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. You will Install, configure & maintain Linux operating systems and system management tools. In order to support your development, you will also be expected to learn more skills and increase your responsibility in this growing role. We are always looking for new ways of working, using innovative technologies, to build solutions. You will have a keen interest in systems administration and automation with knowledge gained either from personal or commercial experience.
As a Linux Engineer, you will build, test, assist with the implementation of technical documents, configuring Microsoft, & backup technologies. Providing ongoing maintenance, automating process via Ansible, Puppet, focusing on infrastructure as code, engaging with internal & external customers to resolve queries. You’ll help the team identity, research new technologies for the continued growth of CDL servers and infrastructure. We’re currently using Docker to create, deploy, and run applications by using containers, and Terraform for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced sys admin, who wants to learn and develop further. We will aid your development through relevant industry certifications, keeping you challenged and motivated. If you have a technical mind and a passion for Systems Administration, we would love to hear from you.
Technology Stack: Linux, Redhat, Oracle Linux, AWS, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, VMware, Data Centre, Server Hardware, Microsoft & NetApp.
- Expertise in Linux operating systems, specifically experience with RedHat Enterprise and Centos including command line
- Commercial Ansible experience (including writing Ansible rules)
- Terraform experience (including creating terraform models)
- Sound understanding of Linux operating system including command line interface
- Commercial VMWare experience (including making provisions in network)
- A thirst for learning new technologies
- Educated to degree level, preferably in Computer Science or Cyber Security related
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours – core hours 10am to 4pm
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start - rising
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child-care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects – CDL100 – 100 days throughout the year dedicated to community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, including summer BBQ and Christmas Parties. We have a team dedicated to running internal social activities such as comedy nights, canoeing, break out rooms and much more….
- Car valeting, Barber, Yoga classes, Boot camp and Massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms on-site