We are looking for a talented Data Engineer who would relish the opportunity to work with our leading a cloud based, high-speed, secure data solution. Do you enjoy working as part of a collaborative, inspiring culture? If you are a Data Engineer who has experience working within cloud environment, we would like to hear from you!
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of BI System and Data Engineers working on our cloud-based data solution product Kingfisher. Our Kingfisher product produces high-speed data management information dashboards, that replicates our core system data or any other complex data within minutes of changes taking place enabling clients and data scientists to make decisions.
As a Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment to continue to develop and support our data platform solution. Working to a clear vision and roadmap you will be part of a growing team, working collaboratively designing and developing the solution.
CDL has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful software solutions that deliver competitive and innovative advantage to our customers. We've custom-built our own modern, open offices set in our own landscaped campus in Stockport, employing over 600 staff, providing for over 100 internet brands (Asda, Tesco, Money Supermarket, Swinton, AA, and Sainsbury’s) to name a few.
As part of the Data Services team you will work on CDL’s high performance business intelligence (BI) and management information solution that enables customers to derive powerful insight and value from the data that they hold. Built using cloud technology, currently AWS, it provides performance, scalability and flexibility.
We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We are also proud to have achieved the Top Employee 2019. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
- Proven experience with Cloud using AWS or similar.
- Experience working with database technologies such as PostgreSQL or Oracle.
- Good understanding and proven experience within a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with at least one scripting or programming language (Bash, Python, PowerShell).
- Experience with Automation Tools, such as, Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- If you have any experience with Terraform this would be advantageous.
- Experience in ELK stack.
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours – core hours 10am to 4pm
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start - rising
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child-care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects – CDL100 – 100 days throughout the year dedicated to community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, including summer BBQ and Christmas Parties. We have a team dedicated to running internal social activities such as comedy nights, canoeing, break out rooms and much more….
- Car valeting, Barber, Yoga classes, Boot camp and Massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms on-site