Internal Communications Officer
Do you love telling stories through great writing and the application of complimentary media - using collaboration tools to drive engagement and alignment to our business strategies?
We are looking for an energetic, resourceful and self-motivated communicator with exceptional written skills and a creative flair to ensure our communications add value and support our business vision.
As well as being an excellent writer and creative content producer, you will have the ability to build great relationships at all levels within the organisation. You will be committed to developing a deep understanding of our culture, motivated by the desire to ensure CDL continues to be a great place to work, so we can deliver our mission to help our customers win through technology.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading software development houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a consistent track record in the high-volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We pride ourselves on being part of a collaborative, inspiring working environment, with our employees at the heart of our company.
What you will do:
Working with the Internal Communications Manager, you will help to translate business information into effective and clear messaging, ensuring it is relevant for all employee groups. You will utilise creativity in communications activities and campaigns, helping to plan, co-create, edit and publish brilliant content across multiple channels, including our intranet and digital signage.
By developing a deep understanding of our business, you will be committed to ensure all our communications have purpose, create impact and add value.
You will be able to develop effective working relationships with colleagues across the organisation and build up a sound understanding of technical projects and the organisation’s structure, processes and stakeholders.
To support our collaborative culture, you will help to plan and organise business and social events, including employee forums; ensuring multi-way communications across all our people.
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills with a flair for storytelling
- Strong organisational skills, high attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines
- Understanding of the channels, tools and technology to deliver effective internal communication with the right messages to the right audience
- Knowledge of trends in technology and digital communications
- Creative flair and ability to adhere to brand and style guidelines
- Ability to produce and edit visual, video or animated material to enhance internal storytelling is strongly desirable
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders to become a trusted advisor within the organisation
- Knowledge of Office 365 (SharePoint, Yammer, Teams) is advantageous
- Work with the best in the business
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Volunteering scheme
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer BBQ, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms