Java Software Developer
Are you a Java Software Developer who is looking to work on the latest technologies in an inspiring culture? Do you enjoy working in an agile environment collaboratively with your squad? Are you a forward thinker who is looking to progress? We want you!
We are looking for a Java Software Developer who will assist in the development of complex software enhancements and new developments. You’ll build solid knowledge of CDL’s architecture and we are looking for someone who is passionate about keeping up to date with industry advances and technology breakthroughs.
Working as part of a team within an Agile environment you will be responsible for researching into the feasibility of requests, creating a viable design and analysing requirements to provide input on viability. There will be a strong focus on delivery and working alongside Product Managers, Scrum Masters and Client Relationship Managers you will ensure the work meets client expectation. Ideally, as a Java Software Developer, you will have an awareness for security, such as OWASP and work to mitigate and potential risks in the design applications. As an intermediate developer you will expand your experience with being involved in the mentoring of more junior members of the team.
CDL has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful enterprise software solutions that deliver competitive and innovative advantage to our customers. We've custom-built our own modern, open offices set in our own landscaped campus in Stockport, employing over 600 staff, providing for over 100 internet brands (Asda, Tesco, Money Supermarket, Swinton, AA, and Sainsbury’s) to name a few.
We pride ourselves on providing a positive and rewarding environment for our people. We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
- Proven experience and understanding of Java and JVM.
- A good understanding of JEE or spring in a distributed environment and RESTful, JSON or XML/SOAP web services.
- Proven technical experience with contribution to design and development – beneficial if you have experience working within an insurance or related industry.
- Good understanding of agile frameworks.
- An ability to create habitable code base with clearly understood and consistent approach to design and modularisation.
- Understanding of development principles
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours – core hours 10am to 4pm
- Remote Working
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start - rising
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child-care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects – CDL100 – 100 days throughout the year dedicated to community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, including summer BBQ and Christmas Parties. We have a team dedicated to running internal social activities such as comedy nights, canoeing, break out rooms and much more….
- Car valeting, Barber, Yoga classes, Boot camp and Massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms on-site