Senior Developer - Digital Products
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Senior Developer who is looking for an exciting project to work on implementing a new communication platform solution to a large client.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Developer, you will be working on our new flagship digital products. You will be closely involved in a project to deliver our state-of-the-art communication platform technology. This will involve utilising the latest in natural language understanding and deep learning technologies to build conversational interfaces. You will help to create new communication channels and modernise existing channels giving our customers an altogether more efficient contact centre platform with highly engaging user experiences and lifelike conversational interactions.
With a strong collaborative focus and a drive for continuous improvement, you’ll be a key part of the Development team as they work to implement features to delight our customers. As a Senior Developer, your positivity, drive and technical skills will help build amazing products. You will have the opportunity to get involved in the pipeline and deployment efforts for the solution.
CDL are one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, we are a privately owned company that has experienced continuous year on year growth and we employ over 600 people at our campus in Stockport. We are a certified UK top employer by the Top Employers Institute and are constantly striving to provide our employees with the best working environment and conditions. We have a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. We have spearheaded development in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled our customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We’ve built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
What you’ll have:
- Experience with Cloud services such as AWS
- Experience of designing Cloud based solutions
- Willingness to learn new technology
- Confident communicating ideas within the team & wider audience
- Can do attitude
- CI / CD experience
- DevOps experience
- Lean / Agile development methods including TDD, pair / mob programming
- Experience with Terraform
- Understanding of Serverless architecture
- Experience with React / Redux
- Working with communications platforms, e.g. Twilio
Strictly No Agencies
- Top employee for the third year running
- Flexible hours
- Remote Working
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Goal oriented framework for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start - rising
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child-care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects – CDL100 – 100 days throughout the year dedicated to community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, including summer BBQ and Christmas Parties. We have a team dedicated to running internal social activities such as comedy nights, canoeing, break out rooms and much more
- Car valeting, Barber, Yoga classes, Boot camp and Massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms on-site