Support Engineer (DevOps)
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There's also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
Do you have a talent for troubleshooting problems, delivering new and innovative solutions, a desire to learn and develop yourself whilst supporting others? If so, then this role is for you. We are a fast paced operations team, responsible for building, configuring and supporting solutions from development through to production. Automation is key to everything we do and we're looking for individuals to help us deliver this. You'll be working alongside developers to help maintain a smooth delivery pipeline, project managers to deliver innovative solutions, our front line to provide excellent client support, as well as supporting and encouraging junior members of our team.
You'll be involved in:
- Working closely with development to deliver and maintain continuous pipelines and helping them follow the 'right' path
- Developing, enhancing and supporting our cloud solutions, ensuring the solutions are robust enough to be destroyed and re-built overnight without anyone noticing
- Developing, enhancing and supporting our on-prem and self-hosted solutions, providing seamless service
- Supporting LIVE clients with the aim to resolve issues as promptly as possible but with an eye on making things better
- Building on our monitoring platforms to ensure we have as much information available as early as possible
- Improving internal team processes by delivering tools/processes for other teams/customers to be able to 'help themselves' and ensure we are as automated as possible
- Supporting clients out of hours with Severity 1 issues and play your part in delivering upgrades throughout the night
We'd like to talk to you if you have:
- Experience using Configuration Management Tools, ideally Puppet but exposure to Ansible, Chef or equivalents would be great
- Exposure to Proxy technologies such as HAProxy, Sentry Gateway or Nginx
- Experience providing enterprise level support of Java Applications and scripting using Python, Ruby or Bash
- Good communication skills and can collaborate with all areas of the business
- Exposure to Docker or other containerisation technologies
- A good understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts
- Experience working within a cloud based infrastructure such as AWS
- A passion for monitoring…Elastic, Grafana, Prometheus, Cloud Watch or anything that gives us a head start when issues first appear!
…and finally the right person is just as important to us. We have a lot to deliver and a huge responsibility to ensure our services continue to function, so it's vital you can work as part of fantastic team who will need your support, and will in return support you.
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer barbeque, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms
- UK Top Employers for the 3rd Year Running