Junior IT Support Engineer
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There's also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
What you'll do
Do you have a passion for technology? Do you enjoy tinkering and want to learn more? You will be providing support to the more senior members of the Strata Admin team and assist them with routine tasks. This includes building and deploying software, creating and maintaining environments (both internal to CDL and on the ASP), diagnosing and resolving problems. You'll work on Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems, gaining end-to-end experience in Application Support. There’s plenty of time for learning new skills and technologies, as you find your feet. You’ll have the opportunity learn everything Devops. From WebLogic/JBoss/Wildfly, AWS, Scripting in Python, Ruby, to build and configurations tools such as Puppet and Jenkins. We are looking for people who want to learn, and develop themselves, if you’re a motivated graduated with programming experience and have a “can do” attitude, then we would love to hear from you.
- Demonstrable interest in Information Technology
- Demonstrable ability to diagnose problems
- Trouble shooting skills
- Demonstrable ability to learn and document new processes
- Experience of working in an SLA driven support environment is desirable
- Working knowledge of operating systems, preferably Linux or Microsoft Windows Server is desirable
- experience working on Linux and/or Windows Server would be great
- Ideally you'll be degree level educated.
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression