Front End Developer
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high-volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ Agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with. Are you passionate about Front End Development and Agile mind-set? Do you care about ‘building the right thing’ and ‘building the thing right’? Does being part of an innovative culture inspire you? Then we want you!
- To be involved in the development of web solution for providing vehicle checks.
- Driving the product forward through relevant UI enhancements
- To work proactively with the team to instil quality into our products and practices
- To embed modern front end approaches as a part of a whole-team responsibility for quality
- To communicate and collaborate effectively in an Agile environment
- Proven ability of working with the latest releases of HTML and CSS
- Proven ability of using CSS pre-processors such as Sass or Less
- Proven ability of dealing with cross-browser compatibility issues to produce websites that function equally well in any modern supported browser
- Proven ability of working with RESTful API’s
- Experience of working with Git and Git repository management systems such as GitLab
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Be proficient in using front-end testing tools such as Cucumber
- Full stack development experience.
- Aware of Accessibility standards.
- Training and development
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from local train and bus station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child care vouchers
- Start with 25 days’ holiday
- Life and Health Insurance
- Award-nominated learning programme
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression