Digital Business Analyst
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There's also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
What you'll do
As one of our Digital Business Analysts, working as part of a highly collaborative cross functional agile team aligned to a portfolio of websites, you’ll be joining us at a pivotal time as we ramp up our transformation. You’ll help us enhance our existing propositions and develop products further.
Working closely with the Product Owner, you will also need to find solutions to problems and use your excellent communication skills to articulate change to the team in an effective way, adding detail and clarity to each work item. You will create user stories with full acceptance criteria, and Screen Mock-ups/ Wireframes. You’ll be able to discuss complex business and technical issues clearly with internal & external stakeholders. Ideally, we’d love you to share knowledge in your team and bring new ideas and concepts to develop our products further.
- Experience in a previous Digital Business Analyst role.
- Ability to write User Stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience of story mapping.
- Experience of running workshops (Backlog Refinement Meetings)
- Experience of usability, user and customer experience
- Experience of analysing high-level epics.
- Proven ability to work with stakeholders of the business, clients and consumers.
- Previous experience of working in an agile cross functional team.
- BCS (ISEB) Business Analysis Qualifications
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL
- Insurance industry expeirence
- Scrum foundations qualification
- Knowledge of BDD
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression