Vehicle Data Analyst (12 month contract)
My Car Check, the UK’s most popular consumer vehicle checking service, is part of CDL, one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses.
CDL has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, and has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web, telematics, connected home, data enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive.
600+ staff are based at our campus in Stockport, purpose built and boasting facilities such as a subsidised restaurant and games room, and our long history and privately owned status mean a strong sense of identity and community.
What you’ll do
Take ownership of the day to day management and data quality of our vehicle data services, with the aim of providing the best solution to satisfy both internal and client requirements by improving existing services and developing new services and content.
What are the key activities of this role?
- Data Analysis: To understand the various datasets held in relational databases, or are considering holding, or interact with, at a detailed level
- Data Management: Ensure data provided by data suppliers is imported accurately and successfully and within SLA.
- Compliance: Knowledge of Data Protection and Compliance, Data Analysts are required to be able to locate and prevent Sensitive Data leaks and also prevent the distribution of Sensitive Data.
- Service Design: In conjunction with the VIS Management to draw up proposals for changes and improvements to the current VIS data schema and services that we hold
- Work with developers, DBAs and engineers in the implementation of delivery solutions
- Assist in the designing requirements of new products and services based on the data we hold
- Commercial Evaluation: To understand the commercial potential and any limitations of the data and services
- Quality Assurance: To ensure documents and analysis/designs produced meet customer expectations and company quality standards
- Take overall responsibility for the quality of data and services provided by VIS including the requirement for testing and monitoring
- Customer Service Pre-sales Support: To support the VIS sales force and partners in the development of new relationships and pre-sales support
- Customer Service Post-sales Support: To provide 3rd level support for issues and incidents that may arise, including monitoring, reporting, customer communication and escalation processes
- Contribution towards continuous improvement of working practices
Key skills & experience
- IT / Business Qualification
- Proven ability in a data analysis role
- Experience of vehicle data would be advantageous
- A working knowledge of relational databases
- Excellent Communication skills
- Experience of “Workflow and Business Process” software would be advantageous
- Experience of using sql / mysql
- Highly proficient in excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Worked previously in an agile environment
What we’ll offer you
Shuttle bus to and from the station
25 days holiday to start
Dress down policy
Tax free child care vouchers
Life and health assurance
Award nominated learning programmes
Opportunities for career progression