Senior Agile Test Analyst
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high-volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ Agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
Are you passionate about quality and testing software with an Agile mindset? Do you care about ‘building the right thing’ and ‘building the thing right’? Does being part of an innovative culture inspire you? Then we want you!
We’re looking for a Senior Agile Test Analyst to join our ranks. With a strong collaborative focus and a drive for continuous improvement, you’ll play a key part in supporting the implementation of strategic initiatives which enable better practices for our Delivery Teams to develop features that delight our customers. You’ll be an experienced Agile advocate, with a strong testing background and a desire to iterate, innovate, and instigate quality-driven approaches and processes. You’ll have a breadth of knowledge in all basic testing techniques, with depth and specialism in one or more advanced areas too! You’ll ideally have some automation skills to flex, and love to advocate for new ways to do things. You’ll be an inspiring teacher, coaching and mentoring others to improve their skills and acting as a role model to develop the stars of tomorrow.
This is the perfect opportunity to be a part of meaningful change to our flagship and newer products, and help drive a culture of excellence in everything we do.
This is a position of influence, with a strong focus on supporting delivery of key initiatives and improvements to drive a Quality culture in Testing roles and beyond. You will be comfortable working as a self-starting individual, but have a predominantly collaborative approach to implement and influence positive change in people and processes.
With proven expertise and experience in Agile, Quality, and Testing, you will cultivate and strive for a continuous improvement culture and demonstrate a true left-shifted, whole team approach to Quality. As a champion of the Testing Vision, you will provide everyday role modelling for other individuals; motivating, mentoring and helping others to develop their skills and to aspire to better themselves.
You will embody CDL’s values and be an ambassador for the company both internally and externally, with an active presence in the Testing community which in turn enables you to feed industry advances into our everyday working.
You will not be happy with the status quo and will strive passionately to challenge, advance, and refine our collective successes and our people. You will actively advocate for quality being everyone’s responsibility, and embed better practices, with a strong ‘Test Pyramid’ automation focus. Your consideration of quality extends beyond functional behaviour, encompassing non-functional capability such as performance and security. You will be technically competent; able to direct and contribute from a demonstrable position of knowledge.
Your pastoral responsibilities will include cultivating an enjoyable, enthusiastic working environment, with a degree of ‘just enough’ line management to facilitate independent, positive and proactive staff.
- Support a customer-minded focus to our delivery approach, including understanding and advocating our customers’ wants and needs
- Collaborative coordination of complex software deliveries and projects, including devising the approach to embed Quality from the outset
- Leadership of other roles in matters of Agile, Quality and Testing
- Coaching and mentoring of other roles
- Act as a role model and inspiration for all testing roles
- Hands-on Testing activity
- Close collaboration with counterparts in other teams/departments to deliver common goals
- Liaise with customers to foster strong collaborative partnerships and provide a degree of consulting/advice for their approaches when required
- Hands-on support of implementation of key initiatives to deliver the Testing Vision
- Evangelism and promotion of the Vision to other departments and roles
- Line Management of Department personnel
- An established active profile (or willingness to build an active profile) in the wider/external Testing community
- Act as an ambassador of CDL and CDL’s values both internally and externally
- Cultivate an enjoyable, enthusiastic, and fun working culture
- To be involved in the entire Software Delivery Lifecycle
- To prevent the creation of defects in our software
- To work proactively to instil quality into our products and practices
- To embed modern testing approaches as a part of a whole-team responsibility for quality
- To communicate and collaborate effectively in an Agile environment
- To drive an automation approach with the Test Pyramid in mind
Skills and Experience
- An excellent and comprehensive understanding of the principles of Agile testing
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- A cradle-to-grave approach to ‘baking quality in’ to Software Delivery
- Experience of TDD and BDD techniques
- Well versed in a variety of testing techniques and approaches
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills, with a track record of developing and inspiring others to achieve
- A proactive, positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Proven track record of problem-solving and delivering improvements, seeing them through to completion
- Experience of using automation tools such as Selenium and Soap UI
- Leadership capability desirable
- Experience of Performance and Security Testing desirable
- Insurance experience desirable
- Minimum A Level standard or equivalent, preferably with an IT-related degree
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer barbeque, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms