We are looking for a talented Senior DBA who eats, sleeps and breaths databases! If you would enjoy working as part of a collaborative, inspiring culture, then this role is for you!
As a Senior DBA in our growing Data Services team, you will have the opportunity to get involved in up and coming projects including delivery against PostgreSQL. Monitoring and supporting both test and live databases, you will provide guidance to customers and colleagues whilst trouble-shooting and resolving issues through to resolution.
Automation is a key part of the role and you will automate processes using several technologies such as Terraform. Initially the role will be providing production and development support for Oracle Databases with the role quickly broadening to encompass PostgreSQL.
We are looking for a highly skilled all-rounder who is as confident advising the development teams on maximising investment in database technologies as they are auditing, archiving, backing up, recovering, reviewing performance and troubleshooting issues. If you are a confident Senior DBA who is looking for a challenging role, then we would like to hear from you!
CDL has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful software solutions that deliver competitive and innovative advantage to our customers. We've custom-built our own modern, open offices set in our own landscaped campus in Stockport. We employ over 600 staff providing for over 100 internet brands (Asda, Tesco, Money Supermarket, Swinton, AA, and Sainsbury’s) to name a few.
We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We are also proud to have achieved the Top Employee 2019. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
- Proven experience as an Oracle DBA
- Excellent knowledge of Linux / Unix-based production and development environment.
- It is beneficial if you are a qualified Oracle Database Certified Professional (11g/12c)
- Proven experience in OEM, RAC, Oracle Dataguard/DB Visit
- AWS experience is highly desirable
- Postgres experience is highly beneficial as is any experience in migrating from Oracle to Postgres
- Patroni, Barman and Netapp
- Shell Scripting, SQL and PL*SQL
- Proven ability to adapt to the fast pace of changing technology solutions
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours – core hours 10am to 4pm
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start - rising
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child-care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects – CDL100 – 100 days throughout the year dedicated to community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, including summer BBQ and Christmas Parties. We have a team dedicated to running internal social activities such as comedy nights, canoeing, break out rooms and much more….
- Car valeting, Barber, Yoga classes, Boot camp and Massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms on-site