Senior Platform Engineer
Are you an experienced Platform Engineer who is looking to work within a Micro-Services environment on the latest cloud technologies? Would you like to be part of an inspiring collaborative culture?
We are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer who can drive the delivery of continuous pipeline and develop and support our AWS cloud environment. This is a technology driven role where your DevOps experience will aid us in designing, supporting, maintaining and configuring CDL products.
You will be working with Microservices architecture, based in Amazon Web Services, integrating with Elastic Stack and monitoring tools. As a Platform Engineer, you’ll be automating processes using Terraform, scripting in Python and Bash, creating EC2 instances or using Elastic Stack powerful features such as Kibana and Logstash.
This is an ideal career opportunity for a Senior Platform engineer who enjoys working within a collaborative, autonomous environment, whilst applying their wealth of experience. Online training tools are available, and we’d be happy to send you on conferences, training courses, to enhance your knowledge, and experience, where applicable.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
What you’ll do
The successful Platform Engineer will have a passion to explore technology solutions combined with operational support experience and the following:
- Demonstrable experience in an Operations or System Engineering role.
- Experience or understanding of managing a Linux environment including administration and configuration.
- Experience of using Automation tools such as Terraform
- Experience using Configuration Management Tools, ideally Puppet but exposure to Ansible, Chef or equivalents would be great
- Proven experience of scripting in Python, Bash, or Perl
- Exposure to continuous integration and build tools following DevOps pipeline
- Understanding of Micro-Services Architecture
- A good understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts
- Sound understanding of Elastic Stack (ElasticSearch, Kibana and Logstash)
- AWS experience or certification
- Work with the best in the business
- UK Top Employers for the 3rd Year running
- Flexible hours
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the train station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant, Food and beverages served from morning until late afternoon
- 25 days holiday to start - Rising
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects – CDL100 – 100 days solely dedicated to community projects for employees to get involved in
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer BBQ, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car valeting, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms