Are you a Technical Author who is looking for a new challenging role? Do you enjoy working within an agile environment and looking to work as part of an innovative, collaborative culture?
We are looking for a Technical Author who has experience within a software delivery function, who can contribute to the delivery of high-quality product documentation to our customers. You will be involved in a range of our software products and you will take real ownership of the production and maintenance of the product and user guides, release notes and product enhancements. Working closely with the product, development and support teams to create reference materials to understand features and functionality of the software.
Joining our Service Management department, you will have a strong customer focus and excellent communication skills. We are looking for a Technical Author / Writer who can create and review technical documentation aimed at a variety of audiences, ensuring the correct language is applied. Your role will have a strong focus towards the continuous delivery, driving improvements you will ensure deadlines are met.
CDL has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful enterprise software solutions that deliver competitive and innovative advantage to our customers.
We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
- Experience of creating and reviewing of customer-facing user materials.
- Proven experience within a software delivery function.
- Working knowledge or awareness of agile approaches to software development, ideally with Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access and PDF creation, Adobe suite.
- Ability to collaboration with customers, development teams and product owners.
- Quality-oriented with experience producing high-quality user documentation, ensuring appropriate use of language and graphics.
- Strong customer focus and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong focus on personal development and willingness to learn.
The following skills would also be beneficial:
- Knowledge of Technical Authoring tools, such as MadCap Flare or Adobe RoboHelp.
- Knowledge of versioning software, such as Git.
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start - rising
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child-care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects – CDL100 – 100 days throughout the year dedicated to community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, including summer BBQ and Christmas Parties. We have a team dedicated to running internal social activities such as comedy nights, canoeing, break out rooms and much more….
- Car valeting, Barber, Yoga classes, Boot camp and Massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms on-site