Junior Front End Developer
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Do you like solving problems and have the tenacity to overcome any difficulties put in your path? You will be an innovator who aspires to being the best whilst conceptualising, creating enhancement of websites. You will adore writing code and be committed to helping your product owner achieve their ideals. You will create web solutions, whilst collaborating with your team members working in an Agile driven environment. This is an ideal role for an enthusiastic junior level developer to join a fast-paced organisation, focusing on front-end technologies, progressing their career and learning new technologies along the way.
- Proven ability of writing HTML5, CSS3
- Ability to work both with and without the support of a framework (e.g. Bootstrap)
- Able to adapt provided designs into Responsive sites
- Working knowledge of Mobile first design
- working knowledge of Usability
- Awareness of Accessibility Guidelines
- Semantically marking up content (HTML5, schema.org, ARIA)
- Good understanding of SEO
- Degree Educated – preferably in Web Development, or Computer Science
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer barbeque, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms